Flood water Oxfordshire
URGENT – Please be safe around the floods
You will be very aware of the impact that the large scale flooding is having in several locations across Oxfordshire. This is now a very serious situation and is being managed by all emergency services and other key agencies, as a significant incident. It is important to be aware of the potential risks to ourselves in the flooded areas.
Please follow this specific safety advice when approaching water:
- Do not drive through flood water without first assessing the depth and flow of water and the capabilities of the vehicle you are driving. You should not drive in water which comes up past the centre of the vehicles wheel.
- Don’t assume that because another vehicle has driven through the water that your vehicle is also capable. If you do get stuck please call Securipol Management as soon as possible and they will assist with recovery.
- Always risk assess before you consider entry into flood water and ensure that you always wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Never wade in flood water without equipment to test water depth and for hidden s no knowing what open drains and hazardous objects can be lurking below the waterline.
Flood water is unpredictable and presents many hazards, many of which are unseen.
- Contaminated water
- Loose / missing manhole covers
- Hidden / covered street furniture
- Sudden changes in depth
- Sudden changes in flow rate
- Submerged objects
Thank you for your perseverance and hard work in ensuring that our service is still being delivered and Customers are being reached despite the extreme challenges of this adverse weather.